05 February 2013

Obligatory birthday post

Yup, it's my birthday today, and what am I doing?  Well, I went to lunch with my Da and Granpa, had a slice of cake, got a whole pie to myself(which I'll be sharing...because I seriously don't need a whole pie to eat XD), got both my state and federal tax return direct deposited into my account(do you think it was on purpose? ;P), and now, now I'm putzing around online while working on an actual blog post for later this week.  Because I know reading my random babbling is not what you all want.  Right?

*nods*

In brief, writerly news, story #1 submission was rejected *sadface*, but I've got two more submissions going out this month, and am still waiting to hear back on story #2.  I'm hopeful that 1 out of 4 will make it further. ^^

Oh!  I'm also now part of an awesome weekly writing/critique group called the Barmy Drapers.  It's a new thing for me, since I've usually been a solitary sort of writer outside of NaNoWriMo, but since it's made up of fellow Wrimos it still carries some of that month's wildness.

*

In regards to reading:

I really enjoyed all three of the KMaM stories I've thus far purchased. :3 How About a Boyfriend was ridiculously cute, and awkward. <3 TT!  The Glass Coffin made me squee, because come on, Rostislav and Jesse!  And Retirement was a lovely forced to work together couple. ^^

I've also reread Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult, and The Warded Man by Peter V Brett.

*

Now, back to writing, and enjoying my pie.

<3

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! ^__^

    Aww, sad to hear that your submission was rejected! I hope the other two will be accepted. :-)

    Thank you, I§m so glad you liked Boyfriend?. ^_^ I have yet to read Retirement, but it's high on my tbr list. I loved The Glass Coffin as well, because of Rostislav and Jesse!

    I'm looking forward to getting back to Norway so I can finally write again. I've been absent from writing, and the internet really, for way too long! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very belated thank you! ^^;; Sorry, been doing the obsessive must get things done before deadlines thing, so I haven't spent much time online on an actual computer. XD

      Delete