06 March 2012

Head, meet desk

I'm about ready to cry out of frustration.  This story I've been working on for almost a solid month is continuing to give me issues.  It's like trying to wade through drying cement just getting words onto the page.  So frustrating because I like the story; I like the characters and world, but it just doesn't seem to want to happen.  The draft I'm working on is currently version 3 since the beginning of February, and I've only got until this time next week to get the rough done so I have enough time to revise before submission.

SCREAMS

In the not so frustrating side of my life:


Oh my god was this book amazing!  I started it at 7pm Saturday night, and was finished with it by noon Sunday.  Mind you, I read it in between work and sleep, so it might as well have been one sitting for me.  It was nothing like I expected, and yet, there were pieces of it I saw in the cover flap blurb that were so much greater in the story's course.

Another one of my taboo subject reads; this one dealt with a student teacher relationship.  But before you run away with your hands covering your ears, hear me out.  There is so much more to this book than just the forbidden relationship.  It's a harrowing story of one girl trying to find her way through life when everything she's been shown is falling apart.  

To quote 'a fairy tale with teeth and claws...you're going to want black and white...I'm not sure I can give that to you.'

Try it, I can promise it will suck you in.

No comments:

Post a Comment