06 January 2012

Time Travel

So, I've just started working on a short story I'm planning on submitting to Dreamspinner press for one of their calls for submission, and I figure, since this blog is theoretically going to end up being about books and writing, I might as well chronicle my quest toward publication in it.  *nods*  It's probably going to be pretty dull for a while, since I'm talking to myself, but at least I can point other curious writerly people towards the steps I went through when/if I finally succeed in that mythical publication goal.

Step one toward achieving publication: get an idea and write it ^^ <- I am current here in the process

Step two: find someone stupid enough *coughs* I mean willing to read over your writing to take a second look at it. <- Have successfully located my first guinea pig in my nifty dreampumpkin <3

Step three: edit, edit, edit
_____________________________________________
Here's the story prompt:


Time Is Eternity
2012 Daily Dose - A Story a Day in the Month of June
Edited by Lynn West

“Time is too slow for those who wait, too swift for those who fear, too long for those who grieve, too short for those who rejoice, but for those who love, time is eternity.”
-Henry Van Dyke

Millennia, centuries, decades, years, months, days, hours, minutes, seconds... if it’s a love for the ages, then past, present, or future has no meaning. In these stories, time travel--forward or backward, for an instant or for a lifetime--is the way to fulfilling romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment